List is by far the most important components of successful direct mailer.
COPY & OFFER
4 Ingredients of Direct Mail Marketing that Sells
- ATTENTION Think about the biggest benefit your product or service can provide and dramatize it.
- INTEREST Now that you’ve got your customers’ attention, hold their interest with details about what you’re selling –in short, simple sentences.
- DESIRE Give your customer an opportunity to imagine what it’s like to own and use your product, using pictures and/or detailed descriptions. Focus on benefits rather than features.
- ACTION Don’t forget to ask for the order. Give a compelling reason to reply or place an order within a reasonable timeframe for the best lead generation results.
5 Habits of Highly Effective Direct Mail Ads
Direct mail marketing can do a lot for you if you follow these guidelines:
- THEY’RE SIMPLE A marketing piece has to get someone’s attention. Simple headlines work best.
- THEY’RE TIMELY Do you have a timely message for your customers? Use it.
- THEY’RE PRINTED ON BOTH SIDES Your Ad has two sides. Use them. Remember to keep it simple.
- THEY’RE ATTRACTIVE That way, it might hang on the customer’s corkboard or desktop as a reminder to visit you.
- THEY’RE MEASURABLE Ask people to present the ad at a tradeshow for a special discount, add a unique extension to the phone number for tracking purposes and use the card as a mail back postcard.